Design and Technology collection
Design and Technology Week (25 - 29 June) is a great excuse to plan some hands-on classroom activities that allow students to explore their creative side. Try these hand-picked projects and quizzes, and help the children of today become the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
- Send a Cow video exploring how mud stoves built in Africa save energy – great inspiration for a class project.
- Every pupil can have a comfy cushion to take home with this Nuffield Foundation printed cushion cover project.
- Pupils can demonstrate their entrepreneurial spirit with this healthy game proposal task.
- Have fun in the water with this rubber band-powered boat project.
- Gallions’ Primary School offers a fantastic case study about community design. Get pupils exploring the area then creating a representative mural while studying art skills and movements.
- Help pupils create a beautiful decorated box with this project plan from Nuffield Foundation.
- A fantastic cross-curricula activity where pupils imagine a new country and create a pop-up book about an adventure in the land.
- Create treehouses for Lego men in this fun construction modelling task.
- Create and display models of our neighbouring planets and the sun with this project brief to end a space topic.
- Help students create their own jewellery with this step-by-step project guide.
- Encourage students to create their own design briefs with this easy template.
- Get creative and stay sustainable with this recycled bag project.
- Explore some of the stars of contemporary design with these fact files. Great for display or to inspire research projects.
- This Apprentice-style group project organises groups of students to create torch packaging.
- Design a new chair where housemates can pour their hearts out in the diary room of the popular reality TV show.
- Get students to think with their taste buds in this pizza design project.
- Project work students can wear with pride: a quick and creative t-shirt design project.