Disability Support Worker
Disability Support Worker
Carinity Baptist Community Services
Since 1949, Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) has been making a real difference in people’s lives through comprehensive and integrated community services. These include the provision of care to the frail aged, shelters for homeless youth, helping families and young people through difficult times, support for people with disabilities, secure retirement lifestyle communities, chaplaincy support at hospitals and alternative education for teenagers who struggle in traditional schools.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- A culture of caring for others
- Making a positive difference in people’s lives
About the Role
Carinity Communities has vacancies for casual Disability Support Workers to join the team at Carinity Communities – Our House. The Disability Support Worker provides practical support to people with a disability to live their chosen lifestyle, engaging in appropriate activities through provision of respite and live-in care, ensuring their dignity and self-worth is improved and maintained by such interaction. The successful applicant for this position may be asked to work overnight shifts, as well as short split shifts.
Carinity Communities – Our House provides a home away from home for people with a disability and their carers, offering self-directed support, modelling services around individual needs and supporting people to live as independently as possible.
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Ability to work within the Christian ethos and framework of Carinity
- Tertiary qualification/s in Disability Services or Community Services would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in providing support to people with disabilities through interaction and activities
- Ability to support, empower and enable those with disabilities and their families to live quality lifestyles
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with people with a disability, their families/carers, staff and other stakeholders
- Current Suitability for Working with Children Card (Blue Card) and Disability Services Card (Yellow Card) or willingness to obtain
- Senior First Aid certificate would be desirable
- Current Drivers License preferred
How to apply;
Visit Working with Us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or view more information, including the position description. Applicants should include a resume and brief cover letter addressing the requirements listed in the Position Description (Essential Competencies and Experiences). To discuss this position please contact Maggie Poole on 07 5423 0401.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Close Date: Monday 2nd September 2013