Early Childhood Educator – SDN Woolloomooloo
Early Childhood Educator
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Early Childhood Educator within our Early Childhood Education & Care centre in Woolloomooloo.
This role is to work Wednesday – Friday.
In this role you will bring your passion for working with children to our supportive team to provide quality education and care services. You will work with a team of dedicated educators and assistants to create a stimulating, positive and inclusive environment that reflects the Early Years Learning Framework whilst maintaining the elements of the National Quality Standards (NQS). You will be responsible for observations, programming and for the evaluation of children’s development to ultimately support their learning outcomes. You will also engage with families and the community.
SDN Woolloomooloo, the oldest SDN centre, opened in 1905 but has been in its current location since 1920. The centre is located in a quiet corner of Woolloomooloo. The centre is licensed for 90 children from 6 weeks to school age, with six separate rooms providing intimate spaces to learn and grow.
You will have:
- A Diploma of Children’s Services (Centre Based Care)
- A certified supervisor number
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to actively promote children’s confidence and creativity through your individual skills or learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in a similar role
- A Working with Children Check clearance number (or willingness to obtain)
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Wednesday 7th August 2013.
Candidates from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role
Close Date: 7 August 2013