Early Childhood Intervention Specialists – Psychologist
Early Childhood Intervention Specialists - Psychologist
Autism Spectrum Australia’s Central Office in NSW
Job type: Full Time or Part Time
Reference number: EISPSYSSW1113
Location: Sydney’s South & South West regions
Date posted: Wed, 06/11/2013 - 10:08am Closing date: Monday, 23 December 2013
- Full time or part time up to 3 days per week
- Providing services in Sydney’s South & South West regions
- Approx. $59,000 to $87,800 p.a. remuneration package - full time equivalent
- Excellent tax-effective salary packaging benefits
- Start January 2014 - fixed term contract to June 2015
Do you have experience in the fields of Autism and early childhood intervention? Are you looking for a career opportunity which has true meaning and makes a real difference?
What we do: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest autism specific service provider, helping more than 8,000 people every year. Aspect provides services to children and young people with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families. Our services include early childhood therapy, education programs and behaviour support programs.
About the role: Provide autism specific programs across Sydney’s South & South West regions. Aspect’s team of Early Childhood Intervention Specialists includes speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and early childhood teachers who work with children with autism spectrum disorders and their families through individualised home and community based programs.
You will be responsible for building child and family capacity, working collaboratively with families, colleagues and other services that children and families may be using.
- Develop & deliver individual and group education & therapy programs to children with an ASD
- Strengthen the capacity of families to support & promote the development of their young children with an ASD
- Work collaboratively to optimize outcomes for young children with an ASD & their families
You will have:
- Degree or higher qualification in psychology
- Sound understanding of contemporary, evidence based approaches to the design & delivery of early childhood programs for young children with ASD
- Knowledge, skills & family focused experience with children with ASD or similar disabilities
- Capacity to design & deliver early childhood therapy programs to individuals with an ASD or similar disability
- Current driver’s licence
This position requires a NSW Working With Children Check. Please refer to the following website for further information: http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check?site=aus. This position also requires a NSW Police Check, which Aspect will arrange for.
What we offer: A competitive package of approx. $59,000 to $88,000 will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Tax-effective PBI salary packaging opportunities are available to employees as Aspect is eligible for FBT Exemption as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI). This includes $16,000 per annum tax free as well as other tax exempt benefits.
For more information visit www.autismspectrum.org.au.
To Apply: When applying, please consider the key responsibilities at Part A and address the selection criteria at Part B of the Position Profile.
Enquiries should be directed to Ellen Witzlsperger, Service Coordinator, on 0424 143 617 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference EISPSYSSW1113 on all correspondence.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Autism Spectrum Australia’s Central Office
Building 1, Level 2, 14 Aquatic Drive
Closing Date: 23rd December 2013