Early Childhood Teacher
Early Childhood Teacher - SDN Beranga
SDN in Rooty Hill
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time Early Childhood Teacher within SDN Beranga in Rooty Hill.
As an experienced and passionate Early Childhood Teacher you will work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide early childhood education and care to young children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. You will bring your knowledge of the EYLF and early childhood development to support children and their families, whilst sharing your knowledge and skills with other professionals across the team. You will also bring your experience of, and passion for, working with children with additional needs.
This position is on a fixed term contract until July 2014.
SDN Beranga is a project developed by SDN Child & Family Services and funded by NSW Government. Based in Rooty Hill, SDN Beranga is a demonstration centre for the most effective and exemplary practice in the field of early childhood education for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The service will integrate both early childhood intervention and mainstream early childhood education.
You will have:
- University qualifications in early childhood education
- Working with Children Check Clearance Number
- Certified Supervisor number
- Excellent understanding of current early childhood practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, and naturalistic, responsive early childhood intervention practices.
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards and the implications for centres
- Sound understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Commitment and skill in providing quality and appropriate experiences and inviting learning environments for children
- Experience in leading and guiding practice of other Educators
- Understanding of current pedagogical thinking and research
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Friday 8th November 2013.
Phone: (02) 9213 2400
Fax: (02) 9213 2490
Closing Date: 8th November 2013