Early Childhood Teacher – SDN Redfern
Early Childhood Teacher
SDN in Redfern
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time Early Childhood Teacher within our Children’s Education and Care centre currently located in Redfern.
In this role you will bring your passion for working with children to our supportive team to provide quality education and care services. You will work with a team of dedicated educators and assistants to create a stimulating, positive and inclusive environment that reflects the Early Years Learning Framework whilst maintaining the elements of the National Quality Standards (NQS). You will be responsible for leading observations, programming and for the evaluation of children’s development to ultimately support their learning outcomes. You will also engage with and provide support for families.
SDN Redfern Children’s Education and Care Centre has been operating since 1938. The child care centre caters for 51 children between the ages of six weeks and five years old.
You will have:
- University qualifications in early childhood education
- Working with Children Check (NSW) / Working with Vulnerable People Check (ACT)
- Certified Supervisor number
- Excellent understanding of current early childhood practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, and naturalistic, responsive early childhood intervention practices.
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards and the implications for centres
- Sound understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Commitment and skill in providing quality and appropriate experiences and inviting learning environments for children
- Experience in leading and guiding practice of other Educators
- Understanding of current pedagogical thinking and research
- Current First Aid certificate
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Friday 13 September 2013.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Close Date: 13/09/2013