Early Learning Centre Co-Educator
Early Learning Centre Co-Educator
Gippsland Grammar in Victoria
ELC Co-educator (Assistant) / Lunchtime Assistant – St Anne’sand Bairnsdale Campuses
Appointed by:The Principal / Heads of Junior School – St Anne’s and Bairnsdale Campuses
Responsible to: The Principal
Location: Gippsland Grammar (Sale & Bairnsdale)
Time Fraction: Variable
- Co-educator Diploma of Children’s Services
- Lunchtime Co-educator Certificate 3 Children’s Services
- A Working with Children Check or registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (if applicable) is required, as is a current Supervisor’s Certificate and assessment as fit and proper (National Education and Care Regulations 2011).
The successful applicant must be:
- prepared to assume role of responsible person as directed by Nominated Supervisor (Director) or Approved Provider (Principal/Heads of Junior School)
- able to work harmoniously and collaboratively as a team member, reporting regularly to the Director or Approved Provider (Principal/Heads of Junior School)
- fully conversant with all aspects of National Education and Care Act (2011), National Quality Assessment and Centre and school policies
- current with first aid training as per centre/school policies
- knowledgeable about the approved Early Years Learning Frameworks and able to apply these to the workplace as required.
- Support the ethos and values of Gippsland Grammar in a professional manner.
- Support the implementation of a high quality educational program that reflects best pedagogical practice, Centre philosophy and School ethos.
- Help deliver (as directed by Teacher/Lead Educator or Educational Leader) term and weekly plans and student portfolios in a timely fashion. Revised August 2013 – LAB (Page 1)
- Ensure that these documents are of a high standard and reflect current practice in the Centre as designated by the Educational Leader (Director). A knowledge of the clear cycle of planning which links observations, reflection, evaluation and children’s interests is essential as is regular discussion and planning sessions with Lead Educator/Teacher and Educational Leader.
- Help maintain regular documentation/observations that reflect individual and group abilities and interests.
- Develop a process for maintaining this documentation in conjunction with Lead Educator, Teacher and/or other ELC staff.
- Participate in professional development, meetings, orientation days or other as directed by Director or Approved Provider (Principal/Heads of Junior School).
- Maintain a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment in playroom and playground that reflects the philosophy of this service or as designated by the Educational Leader.
- Work collaboratively with other educators, sharing cleaning and routine maintenance tasks and maintaining constant and vigilant supervision of children at all times. In the case of shared rooms the Co-educator, Educator or Teacher leaving the room at the end of day must ensure a timelyand clean pack up that allows incoming teacher time to set up for next session.
- Support the routines of the program including lifting and carrying of rest time mats (lunchtime Coeducator), cleaning of mats, sweeping floors and tables and toilet cleaning or other as required by Lead Educator, Teacher or Director.
- Packing away of indoor and outdoor equipment is included in this role.
- Develop warm, respectful and inclusive relationships with children and families in the service.
- Promote the School in a positive way to families, understanding the importance of marketing our service and supporting the Director as required in this role.
How to apply;
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
The Human Resources Manager
PO Box 465
SALE VIC 3850
Closing Date: 4th October 2013