Early Learning Centre Teacher
Early Learning Centre Teacher
Gippsland Grammar in Victoria
Position: ELC Teacher / Lead Educator - St Anne’s and Bairnsdale Campuses
Appointed by: The Principal / Heads of Junior School – St Anne’s and Bairnsdale Campuses
Responsible to: The Principal
Location: Gippsland Grammar (Sale & Bairnsdale)
Time Fraction: Variable
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-Prep Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood) or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood).
- Reception Diploma of Children’s Services (or equivalent).
- A Working with Children Check or registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching is required, as is a current Supervisor’s Certificate and assessment as fit and proper (National Education and Care Regulations 2011).
The successful applicant must be:
- prepared to assume role of responsible person as directed by Nominated Supervisor (Director) or Approved Provider (Principal/Heads of Junior School)
- able to work harmoniously and collaboratively as a team member, reporting regularly to theDirector or Approved Provider (Principal/Heads of Junior School)
- fully conversant with all aspects of National Education and Care Act (2011), National Quality Assessment and Centre and school policies.
- Support the ethos and values of Gippsland Grammar in a professional manner.
- Plan and implement a high quality educational program that reflects best pedagogical practice, Centre philosophy and School ethos.
- Create term and weekly plans, weekly reflections and student portfolios in a timely fashion.Revised August 2013 – LAB (Page 1)
- Ensure that these documents are of a high standard and reflect current practice in the Centre as designated by the Educational Leader (Director). An approved Early Years Learning Framework is to be used as the basis of all planning and documentation. A clear cycle of planning which links observations, reflection, evaluation and children’s interests must be evident.
- Maintain regular documentation/observations that reflect individual and group abilities and interests.
- Develop a process for maintaining this documentation in conjunction with Co-educator, other ELC staff and Educational Leader.
- Ensure this documentation is available to families upon request.
- Conduct parent/teacher interviews, meetings, orientation days or other as directed by Director or Approved Provider (Principal/Heads of Junior School).
- Be available for regular after school and ELC staff meetings, school events or professional development as required.
- Negotiate use of non-contact time with Director/Approved Provider.
- Maintain a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment in playroom and playground that reflects the philosophy of this service or as designated by the Educational Leader.
- Work collaboratively with other educators, sharing cleaning and routine maintenance tasks. In the case of shared rooms the Educator leaving the room at the end of day must ensure a timely and clean pack up that allows incoming Teacher time to set up for next session.
- Maintain enrolment records and all other records (e.g medical action plans) as required by the National Education and Care Regulations (2011) or by Centre/School policy.
- Ensure that such records are stored in an accessible location.
- Inform the Director immediately of any accident or incident that requires medical intervention.
- Inform the Director of any purchasing requests or maintenance issues.
- Support the Director as requested with any administrative tasks or enrolment issues that the Director may not be present to deal with.
- Develop warm, respectful and inclusive relationships with children and families in the service.
- Promote the School in a positive way to families, understanding the importance of marketing our service and supporting the Director as required in this role.
- Work collaboratively with Co-educators in an inclusive way.
- Direct the day to day running of the program including scheduling work duties for Co-educators including them in documentation process.
- Contribute effectively to development of Centre documents including policies, quality improvement plan and quality assessment process.
- Pre-Prep teachers must work effectively with Early Years staff to ensure harmonious and smooth transitions to Prep. A transition to school report is also required yearly
How to apply:
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad.
The Human Resources Manager
PO Box 465
SALE VIC 3850
Closing Date: 4th October 2013