Education Officer – Learning and Teaching
Education Officer - Learning and Teaching
Catholic Education Office, Ballarat
This three-year contract position will be based in the Catholic Education Service Centre Warrnambool, commencing 20 January 2014.
Applicants for the position of Learning and Teaching Education Officer should be able to provide evidence of:
- A commitment to the ethos, values and mission of catholic education.
- An approved teacher qualification/s acceptable for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Ability to participate effectively in a team environment and to develop collaborative working relationships.
- Exemplary educational practice
- A high level of understanding of evidence based Learning and Teaching practices
- Experience in curriculum development and in the implementation of innovative teaching and learning strategies
- A sound knowledge of the principles underlying instructional coaching
- A demonstrated experience of fulfilling the role of instructional coach in an educational setting
- Leading effective educational change within a school / college setting
- The ability to collect, analyse and interpret educational data sets that may support school improvement and strategic planning
- The ability to work across all curricula areas
- A sound knowledge of the inclusion of technology in contemporary learning and teaching
Well-developed interpersonal skills including:
- experience in consultation
- the ability to lead and operate within a team
- the capacity to communicate effectively with principals, teachers and school communities
- effective presentation skills
It is essential that applicants hold:
- A current driver’s licence.
- VIT registration
An information package can be accessed on the website www.ceoballarat.catholic.edu.au
Queries can be directed to the Executive Officer, Mr Peter Kerwan, ph 03 5337 7123 or email:
Closing Date: 4th October 2013