Eid-ul-Adha is the thanksgiving ‘festival of sacrifice’ when Muslims remember the story of Ibraheem and his willingness to sacrifice his son at God’s request. Try these free activities, worksheets and lesson plans to help students understand and celebrate this Islamic tradition.
- Explore what Eid-ul-Adha is and how it is celebrated with this colourful PowerPoint.
- Explore the story of Ibraheem’s willingness to sacrifice in this simple leaflet.
- Emphasise the values of Eid-ul-Adha with an assembly and video from TrueTube.
- Students can show their knowledge of the Eid-ul-Adha story with this cut-out activity.
- Simple mehndi patterns to help young learners celebrate Eid-ul-Adha.
- A young girl shares her experience of celebrating the Muslim festival in England in this video from BBC Class Clips.
- This assembly script explains the traditions and festivities of Eid-ul-Adha.
- Charity, sacrifice and worship are central to Eid-ul-Adha and you can explore how these values are integrated into celebrations with this PowerPoint.
- A simple and short presentation explaining Eid-ul-Adha to younger learners.