ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE TEACHER
English as a Second Language Teacher
Canberra Grammar School in Red Hill
Full-time Temporary for 2014
This opportunity for a full-time temporary position arises from a leave situation.
We are seeking an inspirational teacher passionate about language and literature and able to arouse the same enthusiasm in teenage boys.
The successful applicant will have appropriate university qualifications in the teaching of English to speakers of other languages and will have experience in the Australian context of catering for migrant families, the children of diplomatic representatives from abroad, and international full fee paying students.
English is a compulsory subject for all boys in all years. The ESL teacher works within our Teaching and Learning Support Department to provide challenging and exciting teaching to small groups of boys in Years 7 – 10 and in the senior secondary years we offer the NSW HSC courses in English as a Second Language.
The Department is well resourced with a dedicated classroom. Good morale derives from strong collegial support in the Department.
Applicants with experience in teaching the NSW HSC courses or equivalent will be highly regarded. An understanding of trends emerging in the Australian Curriculum is essential.
- Commitment to upholding the school ethos;
- Teach with exceptional innovative educational pedagogy and show an understanding of boys’ educational teaching and learning needs;
- Inspire students to value learning and help them set personal educational goals;
- Bring a range of academic expertise and life experience to the classroom by being passionate about English, reflected in energy and enthusiasm and in the diversity of teaching practices;
- Sound understanding of the content and structure of the English As A Second Language curriculum, contemporary learning theory and appropriate means of monitoring and assessing student achievement.
For further information and how to apply please visit our employment page:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Canberra Grammar School
40 Monaro Crescent
Red Hill ACT 2603, Australia
+61 2 6260 9700
Closing Date 5th September 2013