Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College, Newcastle
The English Teacher Secondary is a role encompassing responsibility for the curriculum of students from Years 7 to 12, with links to students from Kindergarten to Year 6, and maintaining a teaching role.
This teaching position will include the following:
- Promoting the Christian ethos and culture of the College within the Anglican tradition;
- Teaching in accordance with the position;
- Fulfilling a Pastoral Care role; and
- Participating in Co-curricular activities
- Carry out teaching duties as negotiated with the Head of the English Department.
- Work co-operatively as part of a team in programming, assessing, registration and reporting.
- Use a variety of strategies to engagestudents.
- Provide sound, strong and consistentclassroom discipline.
- Carry out efficiently all administrative dutiesassociated with the role.
- Provide appropriate homework, correction, assessment and reporting.
- Enforce College rules and policies.
- Attend student reviews and Parent Teacher Evenings.
- Attend regular meetings at both Department and whole College level.
- Contribute to the Co-curricular life at theCollege.
- Contribute to the College Pastoral program.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Feel free to visit our employment page for other opportunities:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” When Applying for this role.
Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College
256 Minmi Road, Fletcher, Newcastle
02 4979 8404
Closing Date: 30th September 2013