Xavier College in Llandilo
Commencing: Term 1, 2014
Position status: Permanent/full-time
Application closing date: 11/10/2013
Xavier College is a coeducational Catholic High School offering an educational experience modelled on the life of St Francis Xavier; an experience highlighted by caring, understanding, respect and personal achievement, firmly grounded in the Catholic Ethos.
Xavier offers students the opportunity to study English at all levels. Unique to Xavier is the learning experience offered to Year 7 students. In Year 7 Students engage in a dynamic and innovative integrated learning experience through the study of Humanities: an integration of English, HSIE and Religious Education taught by core teacher. This model teaches students the interconnectedness between subjects and provides a smooth transition from Primary School.
In 2014 Xavier will introduce a BYOD model, commencing with Year 7. It is committed to the philosophy and practice of mixed ability classes 7 - 10.
Xavier is a school embracing change and innovative pedagogy. It offers its teachers and students opportunities for personal growth and success.
- Be an effective classroom teacher, with a passion for English;
- Have a thorough knowledge and experience of all English courses, including a familiarity with English Studies and the new 7-10 Syllabus;
- Be confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- Bring to the fore a wide range of pedagogical skills, including the utilisation of technologies to enhance 21st Century pedagogy;
- Be familiar with Wiggins &McTighe’s Understanding by Design (preferable);
- Be committed to the Catholic Ethos of the College.
Name: Alyssa Roach
Phone: (02) 4777 0900
Send application to
Po Box 98
Cranebrook NSW 2749
When applying for this position please mention “TES AUSTRALIA”
Close Date: 11th October 2013