ENGLISH TEACHER - Tapping
St Stephen’s School, Tapping
Our Secondary School at Carramar has an opportunity for you to join our caring Christian School community. Due to Long Service Leave being taken, we require an English Teacher to join our English Learning Area, teaching classes across Years 7 – 12. This is for Terms 1 and 2, 2014. The load is yet to be decided (0.6 FTE to possibly 1.0 FTE).
Applications received through our Future Employment database will also be considered for this position.
St Stephen’s School Vision
Working together as a Christian community in the Uniting Church tradition to inspire learning that transforms and empowers lives.
Reporting to the Head of the Secondary School, Carramar with ultimate responsibility to the Principal.
Selection Criteria (Each point to be addressed)
- Commitment to the Christian emphasis of the School. As the School is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia with an active Christian ethos, it is expected that the staff will be practising Christians.
- Interaction with others in ways that are consistent with Christian beliefs and values.
- Appropriate teaching qualifications.
- High levels of skill in teaching.
- An excellent knowledge of contemporary educational issues and directions especially in his/her learning area.
- Skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating curriculum.
- Highly developed skills in the application of technology as a learning, teaching and management tool.
- An ability to foster positive personal relationships with students, with a commitment to their personal growth.
- Participation in appropriate professional contributions to the learning area beyond the School.
- Experience in and a preparedness to contribute to the School’s camping, retreat and extra-curricular programs.
- Teacher Registration – The Teacher Registration Act 2012 applies for all teachers in Western Australia.
- Working With Children (Criminal Record Checking) – The Working With Children (Criminal Record Checking) Act 2004 applies for anyone working in child related employment.
Your application must be submitted via email to email@example.com
Please email a Covering Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Selection Criteria in one Microsoft Word document. Please do not email copies of any certificates, written references or qualifications at this stage in the process.
- Addressed to Mr Tony George, Principal, St Stephen’s School
- Limited to 5 pages, and should include the following information:
- Full name.
- Address, telephone, fax and mobile numbers and e-mail address.
- Academic, professional and other qualifications.
- Current position and areas of responsibility.
- Prior teaching and other relevant experience including details of career achievements.
- Publications (if relevant)
- Membership of, and involvement with, professional organisations.
- Cultural, recreational and other interests.
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees who must be able to comment on your professional experience, please include your current employer.
Statement addressing the Selection Criteria
Limited to 5 pages, addressing each of the Spiritual and Professional criteria detailed on page 1& 2 in the Position Description. All applicants must address the selection criteria.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 8 November 2013 at 1pm.
Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
Any enquiries should be directed to Human Resources on 9243 2106.