Enter Story Headline
Find a topical resource for every day of the week
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Day Maths
- (Students solve maths problems based around the ingredients and making of pancakes.
- Numeracy – Money – Pancake Toppings
- Differentiated numeracy activity where children choose toppings for their pancakes and calculate the total cost.
- Maths: grid method and pancake day!
- This great idea tests the children’s grid method skills by using their existing knowledge to complete the recipe card.
- Pancake Day Assembly
- An assembly for Shrove Tuesday including a pancake making contest, the story of lent and pancake flipping courtesy of TrueTube.co.uk.
- Assembly For Shrove Tuesday
- A whole school assembly exploring the meaning of Lent and Pancake Day contributed by TES Resource Team.
Origins of Lent
- Lent & Shrove Tuesday
- A simple and informative PowerPoint that explains the origins of Lent and Pancake Day.
- Lent – Into The Wilderness
- A PowerPoint that marks the start of lent by going back to its origins, encouraging thoughts on our position in the world and other religions.
- Shrove Tuesday Activities
- A selection of activities for children about Pancake Day including a close exercise, instruction ordering, pancake jigsaw and quiz.
- Pancake Day Resources
- A selection of activities including rhymes, role play signs and playdough mats.
- Pancake Day
- Pupils read Facts about Pancake Day and then use the writing frame to write down what they can remember.
- The thick fat pancake
- The tale of the Thick Fat Pancake can be useful for story ideas, oral skills and of course is perfect for Pancake Day.
- The Big Pancake
- An electronic version of the Big Pancake for Interactive Whiteboard for story time.
- Pancake Day in Germany
- A BBC Class Clips video showing German children making pancakes, suitable for German classes but comes with English commentary too.