Enter Story Headline
Join the TES English teacher community on the forums here to find out more about competitions and new content development.
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
TES English Collection
This resource pack has been specifically developed for AQA English Literature (Specification B): Unit 1 - Aspects of Narrative. However, it can be used and adapted across all of the awarding bodies for which the text is on the syllabus. It is designed to give teachers and students both an overview of the novel, its characters and themes, as well as more focused analysis of key passages. Furthermore, it should support students in approaching exam style questions with specific reference to the Assessment Objectives.
Free teaching resources, worksheets and activities on The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
Teaching pack overview
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Form, Structure, Language and Style
Exam Preparation & Revision
‘Show Me’ Videos
From SCC English a selection of ‘Show Me’ audio and video teaching resources. Close analysis of selected extracts from the text.
- A close analysis of Nick Carraway’s first description of Jay Gatsby’s house (video and audio).
- Close analysis of Nick Carraway’s first visit to Daisy and Tom Buchanan’s house on East Egg in The Great Gatsby.
- A close annotated analysis of the moment in The Great Gatsby when Nick Carraway describes the ‘Valley of Ashes’ for the first time.
- A close analysis (video and audio) of the scene in The Great Gatsby when Nick Carraway gets drunk in New York City, and Tom Buchanan breaks Myrtle Wilson’s nose.
- This key moment from The Great Gatsby comes from the start of Chapter 3, when Nick Carraway describes the extravagance of his neighbour’s parties.
- This is a close analysis (video and audio) of the moment when Nick Carraway meets his mysterious neighbour Jay Gatsby for the first time.
- A close analysis of the moment in The Great Gatsby when Nick Carraway is present for the first meeting between Gatsby and Daisy at his house [video & audio]
- A close analysis of the moment in ‘The Great Gatsby’ when Tom and Daisy Buchanan go to their neighbour Gatsby’s extravagant party [audio and video]
- A close analysis by annotation of the moment in The Great Gatsby when Gatsby despairs about a possible reunion with Daisy Buchanan [audio and video].
- A video/audio annotation of the moment in The Great Gatsby when it becomes clear that Tom Buchanan has won Daisy for good.