National teams from 16 European countries will vie for the title of UEFA Euro 2012 champion on pitches across Poland and the Ukraine between 8 June and 1 July. From country profiles and languages to decorations, from football fun to the science behind the game, why not try these hand-picked resources and bring football fever to your classroom.
- German and French workbooks to practice basic vocabulary with a Euro 2012 theme.
- Decorate your classroom and explore the cultures behind the Euro 2012 countries with these flags.
- Footballer top trumps for some Spanish language fun.
- The scientific secrets every footballer needs to know.
- Get students gossiping, speculating and predicting what might happen in the championships while practising German future tense.
- There are a number of countries represented in the games, but do your students know where they are? Find out with this fun atlas hunting task.
- Delve into Poland’s past and explore the history of this host country.
- Get pupils creating their own tourist brochure with these handy Poland profile cards.
- Turn your classroom into a TV news studio while teaching students about the Ukraine with this fast-paced, fun production activity.
- Are professional footballers inspirational or an embarrassment? Consider the evidence and build arguments with this resource about sporting role models.
- Head up your own 2012 championships with these lessons on trust, respect and responsibility in sport.
- Get students football fit.