Harvest teaching resources
The theme of harvest resonates throughout religious and world communities. As the main harvest is collected, the hard work put into producing it is celebrated with the harvest festival. Help your class celebrate this socially important event with these free, hand-picked resources.
- Time to don the bling and show some harvest time attitude with this catchy rhyming rap.
- Show off your Scrabble skills! This assembly takes different words made using the letters of the word harvest and links them to the harvest festival.
- Harvest is a time to be thankful for the food that we consume, and this medium-term plan captures the essence of harvest and the festival of Sukkot.
- Packed with harvest song and story, not to mention a community of inquisitive mice, this assembly is a nice introduction to the values shared at harvest time.
- Highlight the differences and similarities between Sukkot and harvest with this attractive PowerPoint.
- From yams in Africa to lammas in the Scottish Highlands, teach your pupils about the different harvest festivals that occur around the world.
- Look at some of the fruits and vegetables of harvest time along with religious harvest festivals in this attractive presentation.
- Harvest time brings food that fills our bellies, but where does it come from and how is it produced? Discuss with this picture prompt PowerPoint.
- This simple comprehension activity has the harvest topic as its theme.
- Join Pip on his journey from wheat to loaf as he discovers some of the processes at work during harvest time.
- The word harvest can mean different things to different people, and this activity is a chance to see what it means to your pupils.
- Using just yes and no questions pupils must guess the identity of the fruit or vegetable they have stuck on their forehead.
- Track the progress of our food from its origin to our plates with this lesson, which includes a blank storyboard to capture the epic journey in picture.
- This task will get younger pupils to colour and match up harvest pictures.
- Lesson 1 of the Harvest Festivals topic provided by QCDA Resources looks at explaining what the term ‘harvest’ really means.