Head of Admissions
Head of Admissions
Beaconhills College, Berwick Campus
Beaconhills College offers affordable and high quality education, setting it apart in the region. We are an independent, open-entry, co-educational Christian College with campuses in Pakenham and Berwick. Our strengths lie in our strong sense of community within our school, from our infants, Early Learning years and right through to Year 12. The school was founded more than 30 years ago on Christian principles and these underpin all of our College programs and how we care for our students. At Beaconhills we aim to educate the whole child, to help them develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and emotionally. We challenge our students – and inspire and nurture them to achieve excellence ineverything they do. Our holistic approach to education inspires excellence and nurtures confident, independent learners with the values they need to be responsible, caring citizens in their local and global communities.
The Head of Admissions is a significant public representative of the College, the primary public face of Enrolments and the critical first point of contact for prospective parents. The role’s main objective is full student enrolments and the promotion of Beaconhills position within the community.
The Head of Admissions reports to the Headmaster and works closely with the College and Campus Leadership teams to assist in the development of further innovative enrolments strategies for the College.
The Head of Admissions is expected to attend, promote and publicise the College at special events, contribute to Open Days and various information sessions as required by the College Leadership andidentify potential opportunities to attract enrolments to the College.
The Head of Admissions is the face of Beaconhills in the community and is heavily involved with community engagement and public relations.
This role encompasses leading, selecting, ensuring training and development of staff in the Enrolments Team, developing and administering Enrolment policy and assisting and supporting other staff of the College in representing the College.
The incumbent must have the ability to earn the respect and confidence of parents and gain the respect, confidence and support of all staff throughout the College. The incumbent must also demonstrate high organisational and communication skills and enjoy the challenge of working as part of the Multi Campus Executive Team.
The incumbent is required to provide an exemplary standard of professionalism, leadership, advice and service to key groups – staff, students and parents – within and outside the school community.
This position commences in January 2014 and is full-time and ongoing.
- Lead, select, develop and manage team members and the processes of the Enrolments Department
- Demonstrate efficiency of work practices through policy development, implementation and practice which respond to the changing and developing College and the needs of the growing community, resulting in healthy application lists and a well-informed parent body
- Ensure the efficacy of communications with parents to develop a clear understanding of ethos of College and independent school practices
- Liaise with Campus Principals, Heads of Section and other appropriate members of staff to ensure every stage of the entry of students and families to the College demonstrates the College’s commitment to best practice
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing complete and meaningful information and documentation throughout the enrolment process
- Identify and implement ways in which the Enrolments team can support the College’s strategic goals
- Co-ordinate appropriate enrolment services within the growing Global Beacons programs
Promotion of the College
- Lead and manage the Enrolment team to support the Headmaster and Multi Campus Executive to raise awareness of Beaconhills College in the community and amongst Independent Schools
- Promote and support College tours and ensure the smooth coordination of same with Reception staff
- Fully participate in appropriate network groups to raise awareness of Beaconhills and to ensure benchmarking within the independent education sector.
- Identify in collaboration with the Head of Communication & Marketing target areas for promotionof the College through advertising
- Attend conferences/professional development opportunities to maintain and develop industry knowledge and to promote Beaconhills College to other areas of the education sector.
- Support in practical ways the work of the Archivist to promote and grow the College Alumni association
Key Selection Criteria
To be appointed into this position, a candidate must normally meet the following selection criteria to the satisfaction of the selection panel and the Headmaster:
- Explain your personal values and how they are reflected in your daily life. How do you see your values supporting the Christian ethos of our community?
- Possess appropriate qualifications to tertiary level and/or at least five years demonstrated experience in an equivalent role
- Possess the ability to advance the role in line with the future direction of the College, including competence and enthusiasm to explore and embrace new technologies in online processes
- Demonstrated effective leadership and successful management abilities
- Possess knowledge and understanding of independent schooling in an Australian setting
- Possess the ability to apply such knowledge in the development and implementation of policies and strategies necessary to support the aims, ethos and strategic direction of Beaconhills College
- Demonstrate high-level negotiation, consultative, interpersonal and communication skills
- The Head of Admissions must hold (or be in the process of applying for):
a. A current Working With Children Check
b. A current Police Certificate Desirable
- Further professional development to demonstrate or enhance competence in areas of independent schooling, management, leadership and administration
How to apply;
Applications should include:
- A cover letter that addresses your suitability to the listed selection criteria
- A curriculum vitae detailing your qualifications and experience
- Contact details of three professional referees.
Applications should be forwarded electronically to:
The Human Resources Department
Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
92 Kangan Drive
Berwick Victoria 3806 (Map)
Fax: (613) 8768 1190
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 10 September 2013.