HEAD OF CO-CURRICULAR
HEAD OF CO-CURRICULAR
NEWINGTON COLLEGE (YEARS 7-12)
COMMENCING TERM 1 2014
The College is seeking to appoint a permanent, full-time Head of Co-curricular to commence Term 1, 2014(Secondary Leadership Team commences 20 January 2014). The current Head of Co-curricular, Mr Paul Bourke, is to retire after a superb 35 year contribution to Newington College.
The Head of Co-curricular has the leadership responsibility for the extensive co-curricular programs and policies. Each activity has its own leader therefore the Head of Co-curricular coordinates these sectional leaders. The role has an extensive pastoral leadership element for boys across Year 7-12.
A successful background in a secondary pastoral role eg Housemaster, Head of Year, Head of a major co-curricular activity would be advantageous. This position has direct influence with all staff and boys. The position has overlap with all five pillars of Newington – academic, pastoral, co-curricular, spiritual and community. The position will require a strong presence and high profile at co-curricular activities.
The position reports to the Deputy Head of Stanmore (Pastoral) and is a member of the Secondary Leadership Team.
DUTY STATEMENT FOR HEAD OF CO-CURRICULAR
1. Leadership of the co-curricular programs and policies – quality, balance, calendars, implementation, risk and compliance requirements, budgets, staffing, facilities, future planning.
2. Leadership and development of the co-curricular leaders of each activity (refer section C)
3. Responsible for co-curricular staffing allocations, professional development, appraisal, appointments, authorisation of payments, induction processes via each section leader
4. Coordination of boy leadership training, development, implementation, strategies and review across Years 7-12
5. Leadership of pastoral initiatives within the co-curricular programs and the resultant cross links to the academic, pastoral, character development and service learning programs
6. Leadership of the Year 12 Retreat, Year 12 Common Room and Co-curricular leadership positions for boys in conjunction with activity leaders
7. Responsible for co-curricular publication materials, website, communications, events, co-curricular reports within School reports, analysis of overall co-curricular statistics and trends
8. Responsible for co-curricular awards, tours, parent support groups, special assemblies or events, end of season events, co-curricular links and planning with Wyvern and Lindfield Preps
9. Effective follow up with boy or parent co-curricular requests or concerns or clashes or exemptions sought
10. Attendance and support with public relations events egOpen Days, Tours, visitors
11. Coordination of the House Competition in consultation with Heads of House
12. Work closely with Head of Middle Years, Head of Administration, Head of Learning Analysis and Head of
13. Implementation of the Newington Strategic Plan as relevant for the Co-curricular program in conjunction with other key staff.
14. Membership of the Secondary Leadership Team, Secondary Pastoral Executive and the College K-12 Pastoral Executive.
15. Duties requested by Deputy Head (Pastoral), Deputy Headmaster or Headmaster.
Applications close 5:00 pm Friday, 16 August 2013
For more information, guidelines and how to apply please visit this link:http://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Head-of-Co-curricular-full-time-perm-website.pdf?c6071f&site=aus
For more employment opportunities please visit:http://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/about/employment/?site=aus
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
School Details: Newington College
Close Date: 16/08/2013