Head of Strings - Bellevue Hill
Head of Strings
The Scots College, Bellevue Hill
“In seeking to serve God faithfully, the Scots College exists to inspire boys to learn, lead and serve as they strive for excellence together”
Scots to the Fore: Brave Hearts, Bold Minds – Our Strategic Intent 2010 -2014
Support the strategic directions of The Scots College through delivery of effective teaching and learning programs, fostering an inclusive and challenging learning environment and engaging with the school community within and beyond the classroom.
- Directly responsible to the Director of Performing Arts.
- Ultimately responsible to the Principal.
Principal, Director of Curriculum and Staffing, Deans of Faculty, Academic Administrator, T-12 Directors, Heads of Campus, Prep Campus Leaders, Year Level Coordinators, Head of Department, Students, Parents/Carers
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Performing Arts, music and administrative staff in developing a dynamic and diverse music program
- Develop and manage T-12 String individual, class and ensemble programs
- Assist the Director of the Performing Arts in developing and managing T-12 Orchestral program
- Direct, manage and co-ordinate music ensembles
- Identify and organise performance and competition opportunities
- Manage and mentor peripatetic program
- Co-ordinate and organise music events and tours
- Establish partnerships with leading music institutions in the world
- Develop research projects to raise educational and artistic standards of music pedagogy and making
- Represent Scots to promote music to the College and wider communities
- Complete Administrative tasks required for the activities identified above
- Learning and teaching program
- Adherence to policy and procedure
For more information and how to apply visit:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
THE SCOTS COLLEGE
42-54 Victoria Rd,
(02) 9391 7600
Closing Date: 17th October 2013