Head of Student learning services (P-12)
Head of Student Learning Services (P-12)
Kincoppal in Rose Bay
Kincoppal – Rose Bay, School of the Sacred Heart, is a leading Independent Catholic day and boarding school founded in 1882.
This P-12 leadership position leads a whole school approach to support student learning. It also works collaboratively in enhancing the learning opportunities of students with additional learning needs e.g. learning difficulties / disabilities, and those requiring enrichment and acceleration.
Successful applicants will have appropriate academic qualifications and experience in individual assessment and program design.
If the spirit of KRB sounds appealing and you have a track record as follows, we’d love to hear from you!
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the Goals of a Sacred Heart Education and a willingness to participate in the life of the School.
- A suitably qualified (postgraduate qualifications) and experienced teacher with the skills and enthusiasm as an effective classroom practitioner.
- A collaborative curriculum leader who has the capacity to inspire others.
- Outstanding administrative skills and knowledge of funding issues in a Student Learning Services context as well as a working knowledge of current legislation as it applies to learning needs.
- A student learning specialist who can provide support for teachers of students with special needs across the whole spectrum including ESL, and gifted and talented students.
- A person with the capacity to develop effective collaborative partnerships with a range of stakeholders in regard to the learning, pastoral care and general progress of student with special needs.
- Commitment to ongoing professional learning.
This is a permanent full time position to commence Term 1, 2014. Click here for a position description.
Candidates must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, and be able to use systems to input and output data and information. A willingness to learn and engage with Google Apps (e.g. Box) and Learning Management Systems (e.g. Moodle) is also essential.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Kincoppal - Rose Bay School
New South Head Rd, Rose Bay NSW 2029
PH: (02) 9388 6000
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Wednesday 9 October 2013.