Head Teacher English
Head Teacher English
Davidson High School in Nothern Sydney
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full Time
Principal Network: Middle Harbour Network
Staffing Area: Northern Beaches
Advertisement Number: A900062774
Requisition Number: 00001WOQ
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $113,080.00. This position attracts a base salary of $102,482.00, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Davidson High School, with an enrolment of 777 students, is a comprehensive, coeducational and inclusive secondary school. Learning at Davidson High School is committed to providing an educational environment that is flexible, engaging and challenging. Current school priorities include quality teaching and learning, community partnerships, leadership development and a diverse curriculum. The school is highly valued and supported by its community. Focus programs include performing arts, student leadership and cultural exchange.
General Selection Criteria
- Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal education policies
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with the executive team to lead initiatives that address whole school priorities. Proven capacity to motivate and lead an experienced team to continue to develop best teaching practice and to plan and develop teaching programs and resources. Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships within the school community to support student engagement.
Special NotesThe Eligibility Requirements for Head Teacher Positions in NSW Government Schools are located at https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies/employment/recruit/head_teach/Eligibility2004.doc?site=aus
You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident to apply for permanent employment in NSW public schools. Qualified School teachers approved or eligible to teach with the NSW Department of Education and Communities are eligible to apply for this position. Aboriginal teachers are encouraged to apply.
Contact Name: Jann Pattinson
Phone number: (02) 9451 0022
Closing Date: 09/10/2013 4pm EST