Head Teacher Mathematics
Head Teacher Mathematics
Coonabarabran High School in Western NSW
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Principal Network: Warrumbungle
Staffing Area: Dubbo
Advertisement Number: A900061099
Requisition Number: 00001WSJ
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $113,080.00. This position attracts a base salary of $102,482.00, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Coonabarabaran High School is a comprehensive high school in a rural setting with an enrolment of 410 students, including 20% Aboriginal students. The school has a strong tradition of academic achievement particularly in the Higher School Certificate. Our experienced staff lead the school to build positive learning relationships with students and support growth for all students. Our community is diverse and draws student enrolments from a wide district. Our community is highly involved and supportive of school programs. The school is participating in the National Partnership on Low Socio-economic Status School Communities initiative.
General Selection Criteria
- Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal education policies
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, capacity for strong educational leadership of a mathematics faculty to support innovative and differentiated teaching and learning programs. Demonstrated capacity to coordinate faculty professional learning linked to improvement in student learning outcomes. Capacity to lead implementation of the Department’s Aboriginal Education and Training Policy in the faculty.
The Eligibility Requirements for Head Teacher Positions in NSW Government Schools are located at https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies/employment/recruit/head_teach/Eligib...
Teacher housing is available in Coonabarabran and can be accessed through the Teacher Housing Authority of NSW. The school draws a climatic allowance due to heat through summer season.
Contact Name: Mel Johnston
Phone number: 02 68421099
Closing Date: 23/10/2013 4pm EST