Head Teacher Secondary Studies
Head Teacher Secondary Studies
Oaklands Central School in Riverina
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Principal Network: Riverina South West
Staffing Area: Deniliquin
Advertisement Number: A900062711
Requisition Number: 00001VEY
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $113,080.00. This position attracts a base salary of $102,482.00, plus leave loading and employer’s contribution to superannuation.
Oaklands Central School has an enrolment of 73 students and is situated 100 km from Albury. It has dedicated and committed staff and is strongly supported by the Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) and the local community. It has excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards in all classrooms. The school is an active member of the local learning community. The school has a range of programs focused on meeting the needs of all students. The school is participating in the National Partnership on Low Socio-economic Status School Communities initiative.
General Selection Criteria
- Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal education policies
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, capacity to perform whole school administration. Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as a member of the executive team. Demonstrated capacity to build relationships and meet the needs of students living in a rural and isolated community. Demonstrated ability to differentiate the curriculum to cater for the needs of all students as 21st Century learners, including the use of technology in teaching and learning.
The Eligibility Requirements for Head Teacher Positions in NSW Government Schools are located at https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies/employment/recruit/head_teach/Eligib...
Oaklands Central School is a 6 point school and as such attracts additional incentives. Please refer to:
For information on living in Oaklands Central School, please go to http://www.urana.nsw.gov.au/VisitingUranaShire/GettingtoUranaShire.aspx or http://www.oaklands.com.au/ which will provide applicants with additional information on the town/area/Council in which the school is located. You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident to apply for permanent employment in NSW public schools. Qualified School teachers approved or eligible to teach with the NSW Department of Education and Communities are eligible to apply for this position. Aboriginal teachers are encouraged to apply.
Contact Name: Matthew Jacobson
Phone number: 02 6035 4290
Closing Date: 23/10/2013 4pm EST