Head of Teaching and Learning for the Cambodian Children’s Fund – Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Head of Teaching and Learning for the Cambodian Children’s Fund - Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
St Michael’s Grammar School
The Cambodian Children’s Fund (CCF) works with some of the most impoverished children in Cambodia, centered on the old landfill of Steung Meanchey. CCF’s core focus is on providing education for these children through a network of schools, community centres and residential facilities. More recently, through the establishment of satellite schools within impoverished communities, CCF provides education to hundreds of children once thought “unreachable”.
For over eight years now, CCF has provided life-changing education, nourishment and healing to vulnerable children from some of Cambodia’s most destitute communities.
The Cambodian Children’s Fund aims to be known for delivering a world class, replicable model of education that provides transformational opportunities for impoverished young people in a learning community committed to quality and excellence. When students leave CCF, they will be empowered with all the knowledge, skills and attributes that will enable them to take their place as confident leaders and effective citizens in the communities of their future.
The Head of Teaching and Learning is a newly created, senior leadership role in CCF. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, and working collaboratively with the senior management team, the Head of Teaching and Learning will be responsible for CCF’s K-12 educational program. This will involve leading teaching and learning in each of CCF’s 5 facilities, including the activities included in the residential program.
Importantly, the Head of Teaching and Learning will, in consultation with an international Advisory Group, lead the development, implementation and operationalisation of a strategic plan for teaching and learning at CCF that will achieve its vision to provide a world-class education for the children of SteungMeanchey by 2020.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide effective support to the Executive Director and Country Manager.
- Develop innovative, appropriate and effective educational programs across CCF facilities (K-12) driven by a clear strategic vision and plan for advancing teaching and learning.
- Develop strategic ideas for improvement, innovation and change.
- Effectively manage teaching and learning across CCF.
- Develop positive relationships with all members of the CCF community.
- Facilitate a supportive environment, with skilled staff and adequate structures to identify and successfully address teaching and learning issues.
- Provide development of and planning for, teaching and teaching support staff (including volunteers) across all CCF facilities.
- Display empathy, commitment, resilience and is highly motivated to contribute.
- Have a strong moral and ethical compass and cultivates credibility & honesty.
- Participate as a collaborative team member and operate effectively in a collaborative team environment.
How to apply:
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
St Michaels Grammar School
25 Chapel Street, St Kilda VIC 3182
t: +61 3 8530 3200
f: +61 3 9510 9392
Close Date: 5th September 2013