The Head of Wellbeing
Head of Wellbeing
Marian College in Ararat
Marian College Ararat is a co-educational Catholic Secondary School Years 7-12 based on the Core Values of the Brigidine tradition. With a student population of 620 in 2014, Marian College is a progressive leader in the Pastoral Care of our students incorporating the vertical Teacher Advisor System (TA) throughout each year level. Applications are invited for the following full time permanent leadership position commencing in 2014
Head of Wellbeing
The Head of Wellbeing is a member of Marian College’s Leadership Team. The Leadership Team is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the College and that the College is faithful to its mission. Members of the Leadership Team have two components to their role. The first is to share the leadership of Marian College with the Principal and to provide support, advice and collegiality for the Principal that would normally be provided by a Deputy Principal. The second is to carry out the duties attached to their specific role.
In practice this means:
Provide assistance and support for House Leaders by:
- Meeting with them to discuss progress or problems
- supporting them in negotiations with students and/or parents
- working with them to develop and implement the Pastoral Care Policy
- Referring students to and liaising with the College’s Psychologist
Provide assistance and support for all staff by:
- Being available to listen to and discuss problems as necessary
- Supporting them in dealings with parents, students and staff
- Encouraging and supporting the notion and practice of equal opportunity
- Providing staff development in class and student management skills
- Assisting in the coordination of the induction programme for new staff.
To provide pastoral care for students by:
- being available to discuss problems and as necessary organize appropriate outcomes.
- Liaising with and referring students to the College’s Psychologist
- being available to negotiate with parents/staff/administration on behalf of students when and if appropriate
- actively encouraging equal opportunity
- working with relevant youth support agencies
- liaising with CEO Support Officers
To provide pastoral care for parents by:
- being able to discuss problems as necessary
- being available to negotiate on or behalf of parents with students/staff/administration when and if appropriate
- attending and encouraging P & F functions
- Supporting parents experiencing hardship or difficulty by linking them to relevant support agencies
To be responsible for the Student Behavioural Management at the College:
- In consultation with the House Leaders and staff, to be responsible for behavioural management at the College through the management of the Student Assistance Centre.
- To bring to the attention of the Principal, any matters of serious misconduct that require follow up or assistance with. E.g. Suspension, serious offences.
- To report back to coordinators and staff, appropriate follow-up information regarding issues with behavioural management.
- Convener of the Stewardship Council Community Relations Committee
- To represent Marian College at all CEO and other external Wellbeing gatherings. eg SW Network Meetings, Grampians CGLLEN meetings.
- Liaise with School Psychologist regarding the management and delivery of welfare within the school.
- Oversee the management of the Medical Alert System
- Convene Pastoral Care Team Meetings
How to apply;
Applications should include a resume naming three referees and letter of application addressed to the Principal, Mr. John Crowley.
The Principal, Marian College,
P O BOX 314, ARARAT, 3377
Telephone: (03) 5352 3861
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
304 Barkly Street,
ARARAT VIC 3377
Applications close Friday 25th October, 2013.