High frequency words
Activities, mats, cards, interactive whiteboards and assessment resources.
- Year 1 and Year 2 high frequency words.
- High Frequency Words that can be printed on mats for all year groups.
- Based on Letters & Sounds high frequency words.
- Board to laminate and keep in the writing area or use as an independent task to practice HF words.
- 100 high frequency words on flashcards.
- Seaside themed High Frequency words.
- 45 reception high frequency words on apples.
- Caterpillars on leaves with the HFWs displayed on leaves.
- Medium frequency/ high frequency word bookmarks.
- From the letters and sounds document.
IWB and assessment
- PowerPoint of 114 high frequency words.
- PowerPoint for reading practice.
- The first 45 words on PowerPoint slides to use as an alternative to traditional flashcards.
- Year 1 high frequency key words.
- A ?tick sheet? to assess class on first 100 words.
- Check sheet can be sent home and serves as useful record.
- Complete the sentences made of high frequency word.
- Read words and match them to their card.
- A game of bingo to play in the first term with Reception with a mixture of HF words and pictures of body parts.