Higher School Certificate Presiding Officer
Higher School Certificate Presiding Officer - Full-time Temporary for 2014
Canberra Grammar School in Red Hill
The Presiding Officer will report to the Head of School Dr Justin Garrick or his delegate and will be responsible for ensuring that the School’s examinations are conducted efficiently, for upholding the School’s academic credibility and for implementing the relevant NSW Board of Studies’ policies and regulations.
The Presiding Officer coordinates a large group of Supervisors and Supervising Officers, drawing up work rosters to cover the actual examination periods.
For the Trial HSC examinations, the Presiding Officer is employed directly by the School; in the lead-up to the HSC and during the month-long examination period itself, the Presiding Officer is employed by the Office of the Board of Studies on the recommendation of the Head of School and works closely with the Head of School and his delegate to ensure that the examinations are conducted in accordance with the Board’s rules.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presiding officers are responsible directly to the Office of the Board of Studies for the effective conduct of the examinations.
- The responsibilities of this position include:
- Liaison with the Head of School or delegate on all matters concerning the set-up and conduct of the examinations
- Following all directions which have been given by the Board of Studies in regard to security and administrative procedures
- Briefing of the supervisors/supervising officers (and the test supervisor when applicable) before each examination session to ensure they are aware of their duties and of any special arrangements which apply to the particular examination session
- Collecting the examination papers from the security centre and keeping them secure until the commencement of the examination (the Presiding Officer must have access to private transport)
- Overseeing the conduct of the supervisors/supervising officers (and the test supervisor when applicable) during the examinations and during the packing session at the conclusion of the examinations/tests
- Ensuring the Board of Studies’ policies and procedures regarding Special Examination Provisions and illness/misadventure are followed
- Being familiar with the policy and procedures regarding Child Protection and emergency evacuation and ensuring all supervisors are also familiar with these policies and procedures
For further information and how to apply please visit our employment page:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Canberra Grammar School
40 Monaro Crescent
Red Hill ACT 2603, Australia
+61 2 6260 9700
Closing Date 5th September 2013