Howqua Campus Assistant
Howqua Campus Assistant
Lauriston Girls School in Armadale
Full time ongoing
Lauriston Girls’ School is seeking to appoint an energetic, enthusiastic Assistant to work with staff and students at the School’s Howqua Campus. The successful applicant will be willing to undertake a variety of tasks and be actively involved in the outdoor program. Previous experience in a school environment will be well regarded. Some weekend work and after hours work will be required.
The Howqua Assistants are employed at the Howqua Campus to perform a variety of tasks which assist with the day to day running of the program. The tasks will span the outdoor program, the teaching program and the pastoral program as well as a variety of administrative tasks around the Campus. A flexible and conscientious work ethic is required as is a high degree of initiative and an excellent rapport with teenage students is essential. Assistants act as a role model for the Year 9 girls. They are often the link between students and teaching staff.
- Howqua Management Team.
- Head of Howqua Campus.
- Deputy Principal.
- Howqua staff.
- Howqua Campus.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of the special requirements of a residential and outdoor program.
- Appropriate First Aid qualifications.
- Current manual driving licence.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good communication.
- To assist the teachers at Howqua in the organisation and implementation of all programs run at the Campus.
- Outdoor Program – assisting and or leading groups on outdoor program:
- Outdoor program gear check.
- Food preparation – day before and morning of program.
- Community Service Program – supervising student participation.
- Participation and supervision of students in fitness activities.
- Duties – Assistants are rostered to do 2 Duties per week.
- Vehicle pick up and drop off.
- Town trips – doctors, student drop off and pickups to town/Vline, supply pickups.
- Managing the operations of the Bookroom.
- Managing the operations of the tuck shop. Job Description – Howqua Assistant
- Duty Folders (Weekly) – maintaining the duty folders with up to date rosters and check off sheets.
- Dining Hall seating.
- Campus jobs roster.
- Reception / Front desk duties – including mail and student enquiries requests for assistance.
- Assisting teachers with the academic program – particularly in relation to excursions and field trips etc.
- Assisting girls with the community service aspect of their Duke of Ed.
- Ned Kelly Tour.
- School social nights – helping to organise socials with the girls, before and after preparation of the event.
- Organising pre-Exeat, pre-holiday and Open Day Campus cleaning.
- Assisting students in their rostered areas when tutors are on days off.
- Assisting House Tutors with House activities on and off Campus eg House nights.
- Morning house inspections – (covering for tutors who are on their rostered days off) gear checks in Houses.
- Fostering the wellbeing of the girls with positive interaction, supporting the behaviour expectations.
- Participating in support networks for students who may need further pastoral assistance.
- Other tasks as reasonably assigned by senior staff.
- Specialist outdoor equipment is supplied for work related use.
- Accommodation including phone rental, gas and electricity is supplied by the School. (Personal telephone calls remain a cost of the Assistants).
- 11 working days and 3 days off per fortnight.
- Hours of work as allocated (generally a working day is 8.45am – 4.15pm for Assistants except during outdoor program days and duty).
- 2 Duties per week during academic program and 2 outdoor program days per week. (There are also a number of 3, 4 and 6 day outdoor program trips throughout the year which are included in the work requirements).
- When on overnight outdoor program activity assistants are on duty both in an activity instructor/assistant capacity and as a supervising staff members
How to apply;
Applications should be addressed to:
Lauriston Girls’ School
PO Box 8110
ARMADALE VIC 3143
F: 9822 7950
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Lauriston Girls School
Armadale Campus - 38 Huntingtower Road Armadale VIC 3143
Close Date: Friday 25th October