ICT Support Technician
ICT Support Technician
Carinity Baptist Community Services
Since 1949, Carinity (formerly Queensland Baptist Care) has been making a real difference in people’s lives through comprehensive and integrated community services. These include the provision of care to the frail aged, shelters for homeless youth, helping families and young people through difficult times, support for people with disabilities, secure retirement lifestyle communities, chaplaincy support at hospital and alternative education for teenagers who struggle in traditional schools.
About the Role
The position ICT Support Technician is a part time role located at Carinity Education – Glendyne, in Hervey Bay. The role supports ICT services in ensuring a stable, secure and reliable information technology environment for the whole school, collaborating with teaching and support staff to integrate information and communication technology into teaching and learning outcomes for students.
Carinity Education – Glendyne is a co-educational, independent school, offering a second chance for young people who have struggled in mainstream schooling, by providing a practical education with individual learning support for Years 6-12.
Benefits of joining the team at Carinity include:
- Not-for-profit organisation with a culture of caring for others
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program Available
To be successful in this role, the following criteria should be met:
- Ability to work within the Christian ethos and framework of Carinity
- Technical Qualification in Computer Hardware/Software or similar relevant discipline preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of an information technology network, particularly within an education environment highly desirable
- Knowledge of IT based school management systems (TASS or similar) preferred
- Knowledge of policies and practices within education preferred
- Highly developed verbal communication and customer service skills desirable
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural and social issues which may affect young people is preferred
- Possession of a valid Suitability for Working with Children Card (Blue Card) or willingness to obtain
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate including CPR or willingness to obtain
How to apply;
Visit Working with Us at www.carinity.org.au to apply or to view more information, including the Position Description. Applicants should include a resume and a brief cover letter addressing the requirements listed in the Position Description (Essential Competencies and Experiences). To discuss this position please contact Dale Hansen, on 07 4128 6199.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
53 Prospect Rd, Gaythorne Q 4051
PO Box 6164, Mitchelton Q 4053
P (07) 3550 3737
F (07) 3550 3730
Closing date: Monday 2nd September 2013