Inclusion Support Facilitator – SDN ISA Inner West
Inclusion Support Facilitator
SDN ISA Inner West
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Inclusion Support Facilitator within our Inclusion Support Agency in Burwood. This role is to work 24 hours per week.
In this role you will provide eligible early education & care services with practical support that will help them to build their capacity to provide a quality inclusive environment for children with additional needs. This will enable children with additional needs to participate in the activities available in the service and to have the same opportunities as others to participate, belong, develop and succeed.
Inclusion Support Agencies are part of the National Inclusion and Professional Support Program (IPSP), funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. Inclusion Support Facilitators support educators to provide eligible early education & care services with practical support that will help them to build their capacity to provide a quality inclusive environment for children with additional needs.
You will have:
- University qualification in early childhood education with relevant work experience
- An understanding and commitment to strength based approaches
- Demonstrated understanding of strategies that promote the inclusion of children with additional needs and their families
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate critical reflection and planning for continuous improvement
- Understanding of the Australian Government child care services sectors, relevant legislation, learning frameworks, and available resources and support
- Knowledge of, or ability to gain, deep understanding of the IPSP as an integrated national program and how the elements work together to build capacity of services.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an integrated context, and to facilitate inter and intra organisational relationships
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance targets and meet key performance indicators.
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria and should be received by close of business, Wednesday 14 August 2013.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing date: 14/08/2013