INDIGENOUS TEACHER ASSISTANT – PORT MACQUARIE NSW
Indigenous Teaching Assistant
St Agnes Primary School, Port Macquarie
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
- Working with students
- Quick Smart Numeracy Program
- Assistance with playground duties
- Leading Cultural Group Experience with students
- Liaising with parents and local community organisations
- Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent (Must provide proof)
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
The Teacher Assistant will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
SELECTION CRITERIA WILL FOCUS ON:
- An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
- Experience in running the Quick Smart numeracy program
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to work in collaboration with teaching staff
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to lead cultural groups
- Knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn.
- Sound ICT competency
- Preparedness to work with small groups of children.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: INDIGENOUS TEACHER ASSISTANT
The role of the Indigenous Teacher Assistant will mainly be to assist with the learning of targeted students. This will be achieved by:
- Preparing materials to use in programs under guidance of the classroom teacher. These involve Individual Education Plans and Personalised Learning Plans.
- Supporting and encouraging students in the classroom.
- Encourage students through regular feedback about their progress and also report to teachers.
- Ongoing Professional Learning opportunities.
St Agnes’ Primary School
PO Box 5221
PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
firstname.lastname@example.org QUOTE TES
Closing date for applications: 16/07/13