An Inspector Calls Teaching Resources
GCSE English Teaching Resources for An Inspector Calls (Priestley) by TES English
From TES English, free GCSE English literature teaching resources, activities and worksheets on An Inspector Calls by J. B. Priestley. Also included are a range of free interactive whiteboard resources and twenty audio files for teaching and revision of the play. Although developed for the end of unit GCSE examination, English teachers can adapt the resources in order to meet the requirements of GCSE controlled assessment.
- Priestley, pre-reading prediction tasks on book covers, character and stage directions.
- Context, location and setting, entrances and exits, dramatic irony, character, themes and using quotes.
- Context, plot, tension, character and themes.
- Dramatic techniques, context, plot, tension, character and themes
An Inspector Calls - Audio MP3 Revision & Teaching Resources
Twenty MP3 revision files on J B. Priestley’s An Inspector Calls. Included are summaries and commentary on many aspects of the play including: act summaries, character, context, theme, and dramatic style & technique.
- Three MP3 audio files on J. B. Priestley’s An Inspector Calls. Act summaries - One, Two & Three.
- Seven MP3 audio files on J. B. Priestley’s An Inspector Calls. Character summaries: Birling, Mrs Birling, Sheila, Eric, Gerald, Inspector Goole, Eva / Daisy.
- Six MP3 audio files on J. B. Priestley’s An Inspector Calls. Context and themes: Class, Gender, Generations, Historical Context, Responsibility & Social Context.
- Four MP3 audio files on J. B. Priestley’s An Inspector Calls. Dramatic Style: Dramatic Irony, Exits & Entrances, Lighting and Stage Directions.
An Inspector Calls - Interactive Whiteboard Teaching Resources
To use the IWB resources and tools, click the .SWF link. When prompted, select ‘Open’ or ‘Open with’. From the menu, choose your Internet browser.
- IWB themed timer.
- Interactive whiteboard image analysis.
- Single activity spinner.
- Double activity spinner.
- A ranking, grouping and sorting activity.
- A revision quiz and quiz editor for identifying characters from the text.
- Interactive spinner quiz activity.
- Identity parade to identify characters from the text.
- Stop the clock quiz and quiz editor with three competency levels.
- Text analysis tool for further exploration of the text.
- True or false quiz and quiz editor.