International Mother Language Day Collection
International Mother Language Day (21st February) promotes linguistic and cultural diversity, multilingualism and tolerance. This collection features primary, secondary and whole school resources celebrating multilingualism and highlighting the importance of languages.
- A collection of video resources promoting language learning and heritage awareness within the school community.
- Practise greetings in other languages with this Hamilton Trust resource.
Whole School Resources
- Lesson resources all geared towards different cultures from around the world, encouraging awareness of language and diversity with quizzes and fun facts.
- PowerPoint slides of famous sports personalities for display to raise profile of language learning.
- A selection of celebrity images with their views and appreciation of languages for corridor display.
- A colourful display which encourages the celebration of languages and heritage for the classroom.
- Click the relevant languages on this website to see and listen to pupils using their first / home languages.
- A Teachers TV video showing how a school environment celebrates diversity through EAL schemes and initiatives.
- A school containing 50% EAL students shows how it supports students with its philosophy of ‘Your spoken language matters’.
- A link to The School of Education at the University of East London which is in the process of building a collection of dual language books for teaching and research.