IT Integrator - Tamworth
Carinya Christian School in Tamworth
Applications are invited from committed Christians of reformed evangelical belief, for the position of Information Technology (IT) Integrator.
The IT Integrator supports staff in the use of information technology in teaching and learning programs in the school. The role has a part secondary teaching load in a subject area to be negotiated. The successful applicant must have experience in working with database information systems in both the educational and administrative areas of the school.
The position is to commence at the beginning of term 4, 2103 or later by mutual agreement with a suitable applicant.
Carinya Christian School has worked purposefully over the past 4 years to integrate technology into all areas of teaching and learning. Many different technologies and systems are already in place and their use has become second nature for the staff, teaching and student body. With a high speed internet connection now a firm possibility in the near future, the school is well poised to build upon the learning technologies already used and take full advantage of cloud based solutions and devices.
Skills and experience required of applicants:
- Administration of database information systems
- Implementation of new information systems and technologies
- Supporting and assisting others in learning and working with technologies
- Qualified to teach in a secondary subject area
- Investigate new teaching and learning technologies and advocate for their inclusion within the school curriculum to the I.T. Committee.
- Contribute toward the decisions of the I.T. Committee with regard to the adoption and implementation of new technologies.
- Provide professional development to teachers both formally and informally with regard tothe use of new and existing technologies.
- Overseeing the school’s administration system, Edumate, by:
- directly supporting staff, students and parents in their day to day use
- acting as the school’s contact with Edumate
- performing overall administration of the system.
- Overseeing the school’s learning management system, Moodle, by:
- supporting staff and students in their day to day use
- investigating upgrades and performing those changes as required
- administering student enrolments within the system via Edumate sync
- Supporting and promoting the use of Google Apps for Education by working closely with teachers and students to support them during the transition from an MS Office to a Google Apps environment
- Supporting the use other existing technologies and learning systems used within the school including:
- Subscriptions to online learning tools
- iPad’s used by K to 4 students
- Smartboards used from Prep to Year 4
- 2 Touch Interactive Boards used in Science and Languages
- Being accessible to support both teachers and students in and out of the classroom to answer questions and provide assistance with the use of technologies.
- Liaising with and working alongside other Information Technology staff with regard to the integration and support of technology at the school.
- Teaching in a secondary subject area to be negotiated.
How To Apply
All applications must be on the official Staff Application Form, which is available from the school or from the School Website
Address all applications to:
Carinya Christian School
TAMWORTH , 2340
Close Date: 28th September 2013