IT TECHNICIAN - HELP DESK ROLE
IT Technician - Help Desk Role
Penola Catholic College, Glenroy
Located in the North Western region of Melbourne and based over 2 campuses; Senior Campus (Years 9-12) at Broadmeadows and Junior Campus (Years 7& 8) at Glenroy. The college strives to provide a holistic education which meets the needs and develops the gifts of each student. A student base of 1760 and 250+ staff place a high demand on ICT. We currently have 2000+ computers networked around the College.
Each staff member makes a positive contribution to the College environment. Suggestions that can improve the overall efficiency of any ICT work area are valued and staff are encouraged to put forward ideas and suggestions to the ICT Manager. Help Desk / Technical Support staff work closely with other technicians and will be directly responsible to the ICT Manager.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and will develop an array of skills. There is significant opportunity to be a part of network upgrades as well as developing interpersonal and communication skills. Penola Catholic College continually assists staff members to develop skills through professional and technical training. The successful applicant will work closely with the other technicians and will be directly responsible to the ICT Manager.
- Support to all staff and students using college computer facilities.
- The preliminary location of faults in both hardware and software and the activation of necessary resources to remedy the problem.
- Provide necessary feedback to the Senior Technicians to better tune the computer facilities for the overall benefit of the College.
- Provide support to staff conducting classes.
- Provide support and assist in the preparation and delivery of training programs for teaching and administration staff in the use of all aspects of hardware, operating systems and end-product software.
- Maintain the network and Internet login accounts.
- Installation and configuration of software applications.
- Any other duties as directed by the ICT Manager or System Administrators.
- Competence / understanding with the use of Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, and SQL.
- Familiarity with networks(TCP/IP), the Internet and security issues are of benefit.
- Mastery of a range of software applications including Microsoft Office 2010.
- Ability to assess a range of programs for staff and students.• Good analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Aptitude for acquiring and developing new skills and expertise in a Technical Support / Help Desk role.
- Be able to work collaboratively with both staff and students.
- Be able to work professionally in an educational environment.
- Ability to work as a productive team member to achieve established goals within specified time frames.
- Observe respect and sensitivity for the privacy of information.
- Interest in being informed of current changes in Information Technology.
- Ability to analyse/diagnose hardware related problems, and solve tasks.
- Flexibility and Punctuality.
- Learning Opportunities
- Networking / VLANS
- Printer Management
- Wireless Management / Mobile Devices
- Video Streaming
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Penola Catholic College
P.O. Box 637
Glenroy Vic 3046
or emailed to: email@example.com
Close Date: 22/08/2013