Scotch College in Adelaide
POSITION: Replacement Japanese Teacher
STATUS: Replacement Contract – Term 4
TIME: Part-time (0.8 FTE)
LOCATION: Torrens Park Campus, Carruth Road
Scotch College Adelaide is a Early Learning to Year 12 co-educational day and boarding school affiliated with the Uniting Church of Australia. The College has a balanced enrolment, with up to 975 students, including a maximum of 108 boarders and 50 international students.
The College is organised into three schools; the Junior School (ELC to Year 6) located on the Mitcham Campus, and the Middle School (Years 7 to 9) and Senior School (Years 10 to 12), both located on the Torrens Park campus. The College also owns and operates an environmental educational facility (Kyre Campus) on Kangaroo Island, a remote Outdoor Education facility (Goose Island) and two off-campus rowing facilities (West Lakes & River Torrens). The College has a wellestablished ICT focus with all students from Years 7 to 12 using notebook computers in the classroom. The College has a focused program of Positive Psychology.
- Reports to Head of Faculty and Director of Teaching & Learning
- Ultimately responsible to the Principal as CEO of the College
- Immediate team: staff within the LOTE Faculty
- Liaison with Heads of House, Heads of School, Director of Boarding, International Student Coordinator, Positive Education Coordinator, Special Programs Coordinator, School
- Counsellors, School Chaplain as required
- Liaison with other College staff (teaching and non-teaching)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach Japanese from Year 7 – Year 10.
- Be a House Mentor.
- Establish and maintain an inspiring, well-organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Differentiate the teaching program/approach to cater for the needs of all students.
- Integrate Positive Education principles and approaches into learning programs.
- Incorporate ICTs in teaching and learning
- Assist and encourage all students to achieve their personal best. Liaise with specialist/support staff as required to support students.
- Contribute to the co-curricular activities of the College.
- Participate in Outdoor Education programs.
- Assess students as required by the College and maintain appropriate records. Write formal reports to parents each semester.
- Conduct formal parent interviews in accordance with the College’s schedule and other parent meetings as required or requested.
- Act as an excellent role model for students, colleagues and parents; always representing the College in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Attend College functions and events when required.
How to apply;
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
Scotch College Adelaide
Postal Address: PO Box 271, Mitcham, SA, 5062
Tel +61 8 8274 4333
Fax +61 8 8274 4247
Applications Close: 9am, Monday 26 August 2013