Newington College (Secondary) in Stanmore
Permanent Part-Time Position
Newington College seeks an experienced Laboratory Assistant to join the Science Department on a permanent part-time basis (25 hours per week) commencing on the first day of Term 4, 2013 (8 October). The position is term time only.
The purpose of the Laboratory Assistant is to provide quality service to the teachers and students in the provision of an efficient and effective science laboratory environment in co-operation with the Head of the Science Department, Laboratory Manager and other staff.
DUTY STATEMENT FOR LABORATORY ASSISTANTS
- The Laboratory Assistant is responsible to the Laboratory Manager and Head of Science Department and works as a team member to prepare practical work for teaching staff.
- The Laboratory Assistant is to work cooperatively as a member of the laboratory team to organise and maintain the Colleges’ laboratories.
- The Laboratory Assistant is to work cooperatively as a member of the team to assist in the administration of the laboratory.
- Members of the laboratory staff are to provide team support to other members through assisting each other in peak periods, solving problems through honest, direct, supportive communication.
- All staff are responsible for actively supporting the development of a safe and healthy workplace, adhering tosafe working procedures, and co-operate with school management in the fulfilment of its legislative obligations.
Newington College has a Multi Enterprise Agreement for Support and Operational Staff and the remuneration for this position is subject to thequalifications and experience of the successful candidate. Dress standard for staff is conservative in nature and smoking is prohibited on the College site. Further details about this position can be obtained by contacting Mr Craig Seawright, Head of Science, via emailat:firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on this opportunity please visit: http://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Part-Time-Lab-Assistant.pdf?site=aus
For more employment opportunities please visit: http://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/about/employment/?site=aus
Applications close 5:00 pm on Friday, 13 September 2013.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.