SDN Beranga in Rooty Hill
- Learning & development opportunities
- Family friendly environment
- Exciting Education Lead role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time Lead Teacher within our SDN Beranga service located in Rooty Hill.
In this role you will bring to our team your passion for working with children to lead, implement and evaluate an innovative and high quality early childhood program that reflects current theory and practice. Working with the Service Manager you will lead a team of dedicated educators to create a stimulating, positive and inclusive environment that reflects the Early Years Learning Framework whilst maintaining the elements of the National Quality Standards (NQS). As the Educational Leader, you will be responsible for leading the education team in developing, delivering and evaluating a quality early years program for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. You will also actively engage in face-to-face teaching with children as part of ongoing mentoring and support for the educational team.
SDN Beranga is a project developed by SDN Child & Family Services and funded by NSW Government. Based in Rooty Hill, SDN Beranga is a demonstration centre for the most effective and exemplary practice in the field of early childhood education for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The service integrates both early childhood intervention and mainstream early childhood education.
You will have:
- University qualifications in Early Childhood Education, which meet the requirements to be a Nominated Supervisor under the National Quality Framework.
- Excellent understanding of, and commitment to, current early childhood practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, Social Justice and inclusive practices.
- Knowledge of relevant law, regulation and standards applicable to the Early Childhood sector.
- Excellent understanding and commitment to contemporary Early Childhood Pedagogy and research.
- Experience in delivering inclusive early childhood programs and working with families and their children with an ASD, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team with effective skills in conflict resolution and implementing performance review processes.
- Experience in leading and guiding the practice of other Educators
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with Children Check (NSW) / Working with Vulnerable People Check (ACT)
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
SDN’s values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
For further information please contact Amy Fossett; Recruitment Advisor on (02) 9213 2414. Applications must address the selection criteria, which can be found in the Position Description, and should be received by close of business, Monday 21st October 2013.
Please mention ‘TES Australia’ when applying for this role.
Close Date: 21/10/2013