Legal and Compliance Manager
Legal and Compliance Manager
St Stephen’s School in Duncraig
Expressions of interest are invited for this full time position commencing as soon as possible due the current incumbent moving interstate. Whilst the position is based at Duncraig, the position will require travel to our Carramar campus also.
St Stephen’s School Vision
Working together as a Christian community in the Uniting Church tradition to inspire learning that transforms and empowers lives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer whilst under the overall responsibility of the School Principal.
The Legal and Compliance Manager will administer and maintain policies while complying with State and Federal legislation within the School. The Legal and Compliance Manager will coordinate the services, policies and programs to aid the School in its emphasis on quality, continuous improvement, high performance and legislative compliance matters.
Selection Criteria (Each point to be addressed)
- Commitment to the Christian emphasis of the School. As the School is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia with an active Christian ethos, it is expected that the staff are practicing Christians.
- Interaction with others in ways that are consistent with Christian beliefs and values.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 5 years minimum working experience in a busy organization that included a leadership role.
- Experience with or understanding of ISO Quality Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, specifically consultation, negotiation and interpretation of legal matters.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability in managing and prioritising a diverse workload.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health compliance requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the School’s legal and compliance requirements ensuring the School meets its legal and regulatory obligations
- Monitor legislative compliance and undertake compliance audits
- Manage Risk Register
- Advise on resolving grievances and disputes
- Develop and implement ISO Quality Standards
- Manage the discipline process for staff
- Coordinate Workers’ Compensation claims
- Develop and document policy
- Report annually to Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace
- Oversee registration process required for non-government schools
- Oversee Occupational Safety and Health compliance
- Collect, evaluate and maintain related data.
Expressions of interest should be made by 15 September 2013. Applications will be considered as received and negotiation with suitable applicants will proceed prior to the closing date.
- Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
- Any enquiries should be directed to Human Resources on 9243 2106.
For more information and how to apply please visit:
Please mention “TES Australia” when applying for this role.
Close Date: 15/09/2013