LOTE Teacher Language Other Than English: Indonesian
Mundaring Christian College in Mundaring
(0.5 FTE with option for fulltime if Physical Education is incorporated)
Mundaring Christian College is a growing non-denominational College Pre-Kindergarten – Year 10 situated in the beautiful Hills area of Perth with an enrolment of 400 students. We are looking for a professional, dedicated Indonesian Teacher to join our staff in Term One 2014.
Reporting to the Principal
- To develop an understanding of the biblical basis for Christian Education and the College’s values, aims and practices within the history of the Swan Christian Education Association.
- To demonstrate an active, co-operative and enthusiastic involvement within the spiritual, academic, sporting, and social dimensions of College life.
- To be a supportive team member of the College’s teaching fraternity.
- To remain current and abreast of changes in their ﬁelds and be committed to continuing personal and professional development.
- To plan, modify and initiate programs of work and assessment within a biblical framework that provide timely, appropriate and proactive information about student and teacher performance and growth.
- To show sensitivity to and competence in detecting the diﬀering ability levels within class groups and take responsibility for the learning of the students as well as the teaching of the curriculum.
- To participate in the College’s pastoral care program and to communicate proactively with students, parents and administrators on students’ academic performance, co-curricular participation and social and emotional development.
- To communicate with administrators via the computerised assessment program accurate information for the timely completion of formal student reports.
- To follow Association policy on all matters.
Essential (short written response)
- To have a personal commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and be an active member of a Christian Church.
- To accept the Association’s Statement of Faith, Foundational Statements of Belief and Educational Objectives and be living a lifestyle consistent with these statements.
- To meet, as a minimum, the educational requirements of the Department of Education in Western Australia to teach in a Government School.
- To demonstrate evidence of personal competence in their subject area through the presentation of folio’s, workbooks or teaching notes at interview with the Principal.
- To show variety in evaluation procedures in both formative and summative contexts.
- To demonstrate evidence familiarity with a variety of teaching and learning strategies to appropriately meet students’ needs and course objectives.
- To work as a member of a team.
- To communicate effectively with adults and students.
- To be competent in the use of computers.
- To be committed to the establishment and maintenance of quality relationships with staﬀ, students, parents and the wider community.
- To appreciate the responsibility of the teacher as a role model. Desirable (short written response)
- To have a commitment to Christian Education, attended a Christian School or be familiar with relevant books and articles on Christian Education.
- To have experience in Direct Explicit Instruction.
Expanded written response (no more than 150 words)
Please provide a brief statement that describes your qualiﬁcations and competence in each of the relevant subject areas for which you are applying.
Your application should consist of:
- Covering letter
- Copies of qualiﬁcations
- A statement addressing each of the selection criteria
- A completed application form (available on the College website)
- A copy of current Working With Children card
All applicants must be regular attendees of a Christian church and be able to support the Christian ethos of the College.
Applications must be received electronically to email@example.com or in hard copy to the Principal of Mundaring Christian College, 1605 Walker Street, Mundaring WA 6073.
Please mark the envelope “Conﬁdential Application-LOTE Teacher”.
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Closing Date; 11th October 2013