MathematicsTeacher – North Sydney
Classroom Teacher – Mathematics
Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College in North Sydney
- We provide girls with a quality education rich in diversity of opportunity.
- Students are encouraged to realize their potential with a strong, nurturing community based on Mercy values.
- We prepare students for life by challenging them both academically and spiritually and motivating them to make a positive contribution to their world.
Position Reports to: Department Head - Mathematics
Employment basis: Full time, ongoing
Employment start: 21 January 2014
Key Conditions of employment:
- Participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Undertake a tutor group.
- Contribute to out of hours activities, e.g. parent/teacher evenings, Year camps.
- Undertake regular appropriate professional development.
Selection criteria: Based on demonstrated ability to meet Key Responsibilities, Key Knowledge and Key Competencies as outlined below as well as a clear commitment to strive to meet the College Mission as stated above.
Role: To teach students, facilitate their learning and provide pastoral care to them.
- Promoting effective student learning.
- Developing curricula and programmes (Teachers are expected to integrate the use of ICT into their teaching and learning programs in a competent and innovative way such that students make regular, practical and purposeful use of their notebook computers both in and out of class).
- Planning, Assessing and Reporting for effective student learning.
- Ensuring the safety of students in a challenging learning environment.
- Undertaking a tutor group.
- Contributing to the work of the Pastoral Team.
- Contributing to the work of the Curriculum Team
- Effectively utilizing and protecting College resources.
- Contributing to the life of the College.
- Working with a departmental Project Leader on special projects.
- To continually improve own professional knowledge and practice.
- Actively engage as a member of the teaching profession and the wider community.
- Thorough knowledge of subject content and how to teach that content to students.
- Ability to teach Mathematics to HSC.
- Understand NSW Curriculum/Board of Studies requirements.
- Knowledge of the IB curriculum.
- Demonstrated work ethic.
- Competent and innovative integration of ICT into teaching and learning.
- Know how students learn.
- Effective class management skills.
- Effective administrative ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident with strong verbal reasoning and written expression.
For more information and how to apply please visit and click on ‘Apply Now’:
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College
128 Miller Street, North Sydney
NSW 2060 Australia
T +61 2 9409 6200
F +61 2 9956 5925
Close Date: 19/09/2013