Maths and Science Coordinator
Maths and Science Coordinator
Matrix Education in Sydney
An opportunity exists for an experienced Academic Coordinator to lead the Mathematics and Science Team at Australia’s leading HSC Tuition College, Matrix Education.
The role of the Academic Coordinator is to lead and manage the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement within the Mathematics and Science faculties at Matrix through the strategic deployment of resources. This includes an exceptional people manager and ensuring the effective development and evaluation of the Matrix Learning System in line with state and national educational policy and frameworks to meet the needs and requirements of our students.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing decisions of the management team within the Mathematics and Science faculties;
- Managing a team of teachers and tutors and sharing best practices that results in students having an exceptional learning experience through classroom engagement and superior resources
- Represent, build relationships and uphold the reputation of Matrix Education within the local community, schools, universities and educational bodies;
- Contribute to leadership meetings, and any policy and strategic plans from inception to execution
- Supervision and co-ordination of the work of resource co-ordinators including the appraisal of the work of academic consultants to ensure the departments have the most up to date and relevant resources (both classroom materials and online);
- Management of budgets, positions of responsibility and other resources within the area of responsibility, including the management of work to teachers, team leaders and tutors and development of resources teams;
- General discipline matters beyond the management of classroom teachers and team leaders, including liaising with parents on student progress;
- Overall management of the academic unit staff performance including classroom teaching evaluation and feedback (via SEQs and discretionary means) and tutor performance
- Accountability for online classroom student and teacher user experience for the unit, including resources management of teaching materials online and additional student resources
- The selection/assigning of staff to positions of academic responsibility with assistance from HR;
- Determining the final form of any curriculum proposals and holiday program or events and seeing through to execution and delivery;
- Responsibility for decisions relating to employment/ short-term replacement of teachers and timetables;
- Weekly classroom teaching, a minimum of three hours per week;
- Accountability for classroom efficiencies and reporting – managing student/classroom ratios and retention strategies to ensure a smooth transition for students and teachers term on term
- Management and leadership of the academic area to ensure the effective development, provision and evaluation of the Matrix education program, including continual improvements.
A successful applicant must have:
- Minimum three years’ previous experience in senior management of educational staff.
- Possess a genuine passion for teaching
- Tertiary and post-graduate qualifications in Business, Management, Education or related studies.
- Have a good knowledge of the current Board of Studies curriculum in all aspects of Mathematics, Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Proven leadership skills
In return for your commitment to personal and organisational growth, Matrix can offer you a role with stability, ongoing training and development. The position will be based at our Sydney CBD office but may require the successful candidate to travel to our other campuses on occasion.
For more information and to apply visit: http://www.matrix.edu.au/careers/?site=aus
Please mention “TES AUSTRALIA” when applying for this role.
Sydney, NSW 2000
Close Date: 18th November 2013