MFL teaching resources - teaching and learning ideas
Secondary MFL Teaching and learning ideas
This collection of resources is a bank of both collections of teaching and learning ideas for the classroom, as well as some very useful ‘how to’ guides for teachers. Enjoy!
- A very useful summary document of teaching activities categorised by skill.
- A treasure trove of teaching and learning ideas that can often be adapted to any language and any level.
- An extensive bank of teaching ideas for starters and plenaries - so useful for reminding teachers of ideas that had slipped under the radar!
- A very useful step by step guide (with pictures!) to some features of PowerPoint that can provide very effective learning activities in language lessons.
- A very simple IWB template, customisable to any language, any level. Teachers add a question or visual prompt to each of the 9 coloured flipchart pages to provide a suitable plenary to their lesson. The layout functions to add an element of surprise/choice to the activity.
- A detailed guide to inserting sound files into PowerPoint (2003).
- This list of Spanish infinitives is an aid to all teachers who want to maximise the use of TL in their lessons, including the setting of lesson objectives. Most are cognates and need no explanation as they are as readily understood in Spanish as in English.
- A very useful guide to using audacity - free audio recording and editing software - with handy visuals to show as well as tell.