Of Mice and Men Teaching Resources
GCSE English Teaching Resources for Of Mice and Men (Steinbeck) by TES English
From TES English, free GCSE English literature teaching resources, activities and worksheets on Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Also included are a range of free interactive whiteboard resources and twenty audio files for teaching and revision of the novella. Although developed for the end of unit GCSE examination, English teachers can adapt the resources in order to meet the requirements of GCSE controlled assessment.
- Steinbeck, pre-reading prediction tasks on context, book covers and character.
- Context, location and setting, novel openings and dialect.
- Context, character, theme, and literary style and techniques.
- Context, the title, theme, plot and character.
Of Mice and Men - Audio MP3 Revision & Teaching Resources
Twenty MP3 revision files on John Stenbeck’s Of Mice and Men. Included are summaries and commentary on many aspects of the novella including: chapter, character, context, theme, and literary style and technique.
- Six MP3 audio files on John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. Chapter summaries.
- Five MP3 audio files on John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. Character summaries on: George, Lennie, Curley, Curley’s Wife and Crooks.
- Three MP3 audio files on John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. Literary techniques and devices: animals, animal imagery & symbolism, dialect and setting.
- Six MP3 audio files on John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. Context and themes: : disability, dreams & the American Dream, the Great Depression, Hollywood, race and women.
Of Mice and Men - Interactive Whiteboard Teaching Resources
To use the IWB resources and tools, click the .SWF link. When prompted, select ‘Open’ or ‘Open with’. From the menu, choose your Internet browser.
Instructions for the Of Mice and Men interactive whiteboard resources can be found here.
- Activity spinner and spinner editor.
- Double spinner interactive whiteboard resource.
- Dream farm quiz and quiz editor.
- Image analysis IWB tool created for further exploration of the text.
- Quote quiz and demo.
- Ranking and sorting activity.
- Seventh in the range of IWB tools.
- Quiz for 4 teams with questions on the text.
- Stop the clock quiz with three competency levels.
- Text analysis IWB tool created for further exploration of the text.
- Countdown timer for question time.