Middle Leader (2pts) – HSIE – Oran Park
Middle Leader (2pts) – HSIE
St Benedict’s Catholic College in Oran Park
A co-educational Catholic High School which opened in 2011, moving to Year 10 in 2014 with 350 students serving the Macarthur and Wollondilly areas.
Middle Leader (2pts) - HSIE
A permanent full time position commencing 28 January 2014.
The successful applicant should be fully committed to the Catholic Mission of the College, and to implementing effective Learning and Teaching.
- must be a suitably qualified and experienced HSIE Teacher (Junior and Senior) with a strength and training in Geography, who will lead an innovative team committed to excellence in HSIE education
- displays the qualities of a leader who can work as part of a team to inspire others in the traditions of the Benedictine charism
- possesses an understanding of effective and contemporary pedagogies including Understanding by Design Principles
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner with demonstrated success in teaching
- has a demonstrated love of learning and working with young people
- is expected to demonstrate high order ICT skills for teaching and administration purposes.
Application forms are available from the CEO website or the school and should be returned to the Principal. Further information can be obtained from the Principal.
The position is child-related work. NSW Child Protection Legislation requires that new employees in child-related work must apply for the new Working With Children Check and obtain their clearance for paid work with children.
Applicants must be suitably qualified and able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims of Catholic education and to excellence in learning and teaching.
The CEO is an EEO employer and supports flexible work arrangements for employees.
For Employment Information Package and application forms, please go to: http://www.dow.catholic.edu.au/employment_Forms.htm?site=aus
Closing date: 30/08/13