Music Tutor - Cello
Music Tutor – Cello
St Michael’s Grammar School, St Kilda
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative Music Tutor to teach Cello. You must be aligned with the School’s ethos, vision and values, are curious, excited and invigorated by learning and are a continuous, autonomous learner who makes visible their own learning. You will possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships.
The successful applicant will:
- Qualifications in music or music education
- Be available on Wednesdays or Fridays
- Be required for 3 hours of tutoring per week
- Have the ability to play the Cello at an advanced level (AMusA or equivalent) with good sight-reading and accompanying skills.
- Be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s program.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport with both children and adults.
- Have sound written and verbal communication skills as well as strong planning and organisational skills.
- Be able to work unsupervised and as part of a collaborative team.
This is a casual position teaching in the Junior School and commencing from 23 October 2013.
There is an engaging culture at the School, based on the Schools values of dignity, respect, care and compassion. We offer competitive remuneration based on experience and 10% superannuation. You will be a part of the School’s professional development programs and there is an active Staff Association and opportunities to participate in a wide variety of School activities. These opportunities make St Michael’s Grammar School a highly sought-after and stimulating working environment. The School is centrally located and is close to public transport.
For more information, please see the position description
If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for, please submit your details, resume and cover letter outlining in detail your experience and ability to meet the requirements of this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Ms Jacqueline Ang, People and Strategy Administrative Assistant, on 03 8530 3341.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad.
St Michaels Grammar School
25 Chapel Street, St Kilda VIC 3182
T: +61 3 8530 3200
F: +61 3 9510 9392
Closing Date: 18th of September 2013