OUTDOOR EDUCATION GAP ASSISTANT
Outdoor Education GAP Assistant
Gippsland Grammar, (Sale & Bairnsdale Victoria)
Appointed by: The Principal
Responsible to: The Deputy Principal - Head of Garnsey Campus
The Head of Outdoor Education
Location: Garnsey Campus
The Outdoor Education Program at Gippsland Grammar is an integral part of each and every student’s educational experience. Essentially sequential in nature, the program runs from Year 7 through to Year 10 with four day expedition style programs operating throughout the year.
The role of Outdoor Education GAP Assistant carries much responsibility. It requires a great deal of initiative, leadership, enthusiasm, adaptability and resourcefulness. This is a demanding but very rewarding role and all applicants need to have a love of sharing the outdoors with young people.
- assistance with the preparation of food for all programs
- preparation and maintenance of equipment for all programs
- vehicle maintenance
- assisting and leading outdoor and environmental activities
- assisting in the kitchen and meal preparation
- overseeing students at night time
- acting as a positive role model for younger students
- any other duties as directed by the Deputy Principal – Head of Garnsey Campus or the Head ofOutdoor Education
The successful applicant will also be required to complete a number of training courses throughout the year.
Please Quote “TES Australia” when responding to this ad
PO Box 465
Closing date: Friday 20 September 2013