Outdoor learning teaching resources
Take advantage of the warmer weather that comes with the summer term with these creative ideas for fun activities outside. These primary and early years resources have been selected to encourage you to make the most of the great outdoors and the learning opportunities that lie out of the classroom.
- This detailed resource contains outdoor play planning for a reception class.
- Plan an outdoor-themed topic using the variety of activity ideas in this resource.
- This adaptable physical education policy features a valuable health and safety section.
- An exhausting – and exhaustive – list of activities from Ofsted to keep children busy during the summer months
- This plan from Growing Schools introduces pupils to working outdoors and encompasses lots of skills including handling tools safely, developing coordination and respecting others.
- Your class will need to work as a team to investigate different ways of measuring the playground.
- Take your class outdoors to play this playground numeracy maze game.
- Make ordering fractions fun with this creative outdoor activity.
- A comprehensive resource with planning, presentations and worksheets for pupils to make observations about different local habitats.
- This Oxfam resource comes with cross-curricular links and planning for pupils to start growing their own plants.
- Maximise the potential of your school grounds by using these guidelines from Growing Schools to build a book-style herb garden.
- A collection of ideas, activities and games for early years outdoor fun.
- A motivating outdoor phonics hunt where pupils must collect all the sounds to win.
- Explore history during outdoor play with this visual resource from Herbert Learning on toys and games from the Victorian era.